As part of the NSW Government’s Urban Activation Precincts program to help tackle Sydney’s housing affordability and supply issues, 18.5 hectares of vacant and industrial land at Wentworth Point was rezoned for residential use.
Conybeare Morrison was commissioned as the project’s lead designer and worked with a consortium of built environment professionals to deliver the vision. The work included preparation of the masterplan, visions for the built form, public domain and landscape resolutions, 3D visualisations and animation.
The proposed design includes:
- a range of low, mid and high-rise residential buildings
- a new 3.9 ha peninsula park along with three new pocket parks
- foreshore cycling and walking paths at least 20m wide – opening up this area to public access for the first time
- an 18 classroom school with playing fields by 2017
- upgrades to nearby Hill and Bennelong Roads to accommodate the increased population
- new maritime uses adjacent to Homebush Bay for rowing and kayaking, dry boat storage and supporting retail and other businesses